Do you have any information about Amazon workmail?, No need to worry if you don’t have one, because here we share some useful info about Amazon workmail login, email setup, import and export email, reset email & password and more information.
Note: This is not the official site of Amazon workmail but this information is gathered from its official website and other sources.
- What is Amazon?
- What is Amazon workmail?
- Terminology & Concepts Used by Amazon WorkMail
- How to Create Amazon workmail account?
- Amazon workmail login
- How to change Amazon workmail web client settings?
- How to Configure Email Setting on Amazon workmail?
- Set up an Amazon workmail for a mobile device client
- How to Reset user password on Amazon workmail?
- Set up Microsoft Outlook for Amazon Workmail
- Manually connect Microsoft Outlook to Amazon Workmail
- How to set up Windows 10 Mail app for Amazon Workmail?
- Set up macOS apps for Amazon workmail
- How to set up IMAP for Amazon Workmail?
- Send an encrypted or signed email to Amazon workmail
- Amazon Workmail Export Emails to PC or Windows
- Amazon WorkMail to Gmail – Export AWS Workmail Emails to Gmail
- Contact support and Email on Amazon workmail
- Amazon workmail pricing
- Amazon workmail FAQ
What is Amazon?
Amazon (Amazon.com) is the world’s largest online retailer and leading cloud services provider.
The company was originally a bookseller, but is used to sell a variety of consumer goods and digital media, as well as its own electronic devices, such as the Kindle e-book reader, Kindle Fire tablet and Fire TV, streaming media adapters.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a comprehensive, evolving cloud computing platform. Services for Websites and Client-Side Applications The first AWS inings pharyngs were launched in 2006 to provide online services.
What is Amazon workmail?
Amazon Workmail is a secure managed business email and calendar service coupled with support for existing desktop and mobile email client applications. And it gives users the ability to seamlessly access emails, contacts and calendars using the customer app of their choice.
You can integrate into your existing corporate directory, even use email journalism to meet compliance requirements. Amazon Workmail can control both the key that encrypts your data and the location where your data is stored. It also helps you set up inter-functionality with a microsoft exchange server.
Terminology & Concepts Used by Amazon WorkMail
Before using Amazon Workmail we need to know what mail is. So let us know from the following instructions what is the function of Amazon Workmail.
- Organization: It is a setup format for Amazon Workmail.
- Nickname: This is a unique name that uniquely identifies the organization.
- Domain: It works corresponding to the web address, followed by the @ symbol in the email address. This allows the user to easily add the domain to which he or she wants to receive the email and quickly deliver it to the mailbox in the organization.
- Test Mail Domain: This domain is manually configured, which can be used to test Amazon workmail.
- Directory: When a user creates an organization to set up Amazon mail quickly, a workmail directory is created for the user.
- User: In the AWS directory service, the user is created and easily enabled for email.
- Group: The group is used as a security group in the workmail in the AWS Directory Service.
How to Create Amazon workmail account?
- Step 1
Login or open your aws.amazon.com account in your Chrome or another browser.
- Step 2
Just search Amazon for “AWS”, (they call email and web services “AWS”).
- Step 3
Click Create your “Amazon Web Services” account where it appears and you will have these 5 screens of AWS activation completed in about two minutes.
– Personal or company contact information.
– Payment information (use SenerMinder and don’t forget to cancel your trial if you wish).
– Identity verification email.
– Support plan (default: default).
- Step 4
Sign in to your newly activated “AWS Console” – with another yellow button appearing.
– You get a list of AWS products with fantastic goodies o ‘plenty and maybe unusual names and developers.
– However with workmail, you will soon see that there are some offer fur that are very powerful and yet accessible.
- Step 5
Search workmail with services search box.
- Step 6
Select the cloud hosting server area closest to your area and click to workmail.
- Step 7
And then go to the quick setup option for workmail.
- Step 8
Press the Start button, then the Quick Setup button will open on the next screen.
- Step 9
Enter the actual company name or pet / test name for your workmail organization.
- Step 10
Once your new organization is “activated”, click on your organization name.
- Step 11
Proceed to create one or two users to try your Amazon mail.
- Step 12
Now manually send some test messages to the new address and sign up for some of your favorite newsletters.
- Step 13
So you have some email for testing.
- Step 14
Just now your account will be ready.
Amazon workmail login
Amazon workmail is a web-based client service that you use to access your account from a web browser. It is logged in or signed in with the latest version of one of the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
Your Amazon mail system administrator provides you with initial sign-in credentials, including a username and password. Services are also provided to recover lost or forgotten passwords.
Sign in to the Amazon workmail web client
- In your web browser, enter the web client URL alias.awsapps.com/mail provided by your Amazon workmail administrator.
- For a username in it, enter the username provided by your Amazon workmail administrator.
– Do not enter your full email address. Usernames are case sensitive.
- And for your password, enter your password.
- Finally, select the ‘SIGN IN‘ option.
How to change Amazon workmail web client settings?
See the guide below if you would like to change many of the default settings for the account web client.
To change the Amazon workmail web client settings
- In the Amazon mail Web Client, on the menu bar, select Settings (Gear Icon).
- In the navigation pane, select the General tab, Email tab, Email rules tab, Automatic feedback tab, or Calendar tab to properly update the settings.
- Press the F5 key to refresh and activate the new settings.
For more information about changing specific settings, see the topics below.
To change your password, select the Change Password option and then follow the on-screen instructions.
If Amazon Workmail is integrated with your corporate corporate directory, you’ll need to change your password using Micro .ft Windows or Corporate Password Management Tools.
To change the language in which Amazon Workmail is displayed or displayed, select a language from the list. To change your date format and time format, select Format from the list.
Shows you the current amount of storage space used. You can delete deleted items folders, old messages, or messages with large attachments from your folders to reduce the size of your mailbox.
To select the default address book, select the Default folder, select the address book to use.
The default default address book is loaded when selecting the address book from the main menu bar or when selecting a new, two, cc or bcc field.
How to Configure Email Setting on Amazon workmail?
You can change or configure the email preview, formatting, fonts and other options from the Email tab using the settings below.
Display preview pane
You can choose to see a preview of the items on the right side of the content pane or below the content pane. You must also choose to close the preview pane.
Changing the view from the Mail app using the View menu This display updates the preview pane setting you will see.
Close email when replying
When your setting is off, when you open an email message in a new tab, a new tab is opened next to the existing one when you reply to the email message.
You can write new mail messages as plain text or HTML.
The default font used in all new email messages is specified.
Default font size
The default default font size is shown.
Always request a read receipt
You must select this check box to request automatic read receipts for each email message you send.
Your answer to read the receipt
You should choose whether Amazon mail should always send a read receipt or ask you before sending a read receipt.
You can create multiple signatures for different purposes. For example, you can create a signature for business and one for private use, or even create a long signature for new email messages and a short signature for replies and so forth.
After you create one or more signatures, you can (optionally) specify which ones to use for new email messages and which ones to use for replies and forwarding.
Set up an Amazon workmail for a mobile device client
Use Exchange ActiveSync to connect your Android or iOS mobile device to Amazon Workmail. Or follow the guidelines below:
How to connect an Android device
Amazon Workmail supports Exchange ActiveSync for integration with Android devices, so you need to create your email address and password to connect your Android device to your Amazon email account.
- Step 1
On your Android device, select the Add Apps, Email, Account option.
- Step 2
Depending on what options are available in your mail application, select Exchange or choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Step 3
In the dialog box, type your Amazon email address, password, and description for the account.
- Step 4
And then select the Next option.
– Note: If your account cannot be found, you will be asked to provide your Exchange server name, domain, username and password.
- Step 5
In the Exchange Confirmation dialog box, select the items to sync with your device.
- Step 6
And then select the “Save” button.
Connect the iOS device
Amazon Workmail supports Microsoft Exchange Active Sync for integration with iOS devices. To connect your iOS device to your Amazon email account, all you need to do is create your Amazon email address and password.
- First on your iOS device, select the settings option.
- Scroll down to the mail.
- Select your accounts, add an account, Microsoft exchange.
- Fill in one of the following information:
– in iOS 11 and later, enter your Amazon email address and description for the account.
– and select Next, Sign In.
– and enter the password associated with your email address.
– in older versions, enter your email address, password, account description and select Next button.
– iOS 11 and later, if you use your organization’s alias.awsapps.com.
– Use a complementary domain, or if you use a client domain with Auto To Discover Phase 2 configured for the domain, the configuration works automatically.
- Fill in one of the following information:
– in the Exchange Confirmation dialog box, select the items to sync with your device.
– and then select Save.
– if your account cannot be found, you will be prompted to provide your Exchange Server name, domain, username and password.
Manually connect mobile device
If your mobile device doesn’t support AutoDiscover or if automatic configuration failed, you can manually configure the client by providing the following information.
- Type of account: Exchange
- Protocol: ActiveSync
- Domain: Empty
- User name or Domain/User name: Email address associated with your Amazon WorkMail account
- Password: Choose your password
- Server: The endpoint matching the AWS Region where your mailbox is located:
How to Reset user password on Amazon workmail?
If a user forgets the password for Amazon mail or is having trouble signing in to account, they can reset or even forget the password. If you’re integrating Amazon Workmail with AD Connector Director, you’ll need to reset the user password to Active Directory.
See the following guide to resetting a user password:
- First open the Amazon workmail Console in your device at this link.
- If necessary, select or change the region or country.
- From the navigation bar, select the field that best meets your needs.
- For organizations, choose the name of your organization.
- In the navigation pane, select Users.
- In the list of users, you must select a username to choose the edit and reset password.
- Ans in the Reset Password dialog box, type a new password and select Reset.
- Now, your new password has been changed or forgotten.
Set up Microsoft Outlook for Amazon Workmail
To get started with Microsoft Outlook you need to connect Microsoft Outlook to your Amazon workmail account. Check out the guide below to connect Microsoft Outlook clients to your workmail account.
Connect to an Amazon workmail account
- In your Windows option, open Control Panel and select Mail (32-bit).
- Mail Setup – In the Outlook dialog box, select Show Profiles.
- And in the Mail dialog box, select the ‘Add’ option.
- In the New Profile dialog box, type workmail in the profile name field and select OK button.
- In the Add Account dialog box, in the Email Address field, type your Amazon workmail email address.
- And select Next button.
- When your account is set up, you will see a message saying that your account is ready to use.
- And finally select the ‘Finish‘ option.
Connect Outlook 2016 for Mac or Outlook 2019 for Mac from an account
- You have to open Outlook 2016 for Mac or Outlook 2019 for Mac.
- Complete one of the following details:
– If this is the first account you created in Outlook 2016 for Mac or Outlook 2019 for Mac, on the Welcome screen, select Add Email Account.
– Enter your email address, select Continue.
– And under You Select Provider, select Exchange.
– If you already have an email account for a different email address, in the Tools menu, select Accounts.
– In the Accounts dialog box, select + (plus sign) and a new account.
- Type your email address, select Continue, and under Select Provider, select Exchange.
- Enter your Exchange account information In the dialog box, for the method, select the username and password and enter your email address.
- For domain \ username or email, type your email address.
- And for the password, type the password you created.
- Select the ‘Add Account’ option to complete the setup.
- After your account has been successfully set up, see how it appears in the Accounts dialog box.
Manually connect Microsoft Outlook to Amazon Workmail
If automatic configuration fails, you can manually configure it by following the instructions below:
To configure Outlook manually
- In Windows, open Control Panel and select User Accounts and Mail (32-bit).
- Mail Setup – Select Show Profile in Outlook and in the Mail dialog box, select ‘Add’ option.
- In the New Profile dialog box, in the Profile name field, type workmail and select ‘OK’ button.
- Select Manually configured server settings or additional server types, then select Next button.
- Enter the Amazon email address for your username, then select more settings.
- On the Security tab, select Logon Network Authentication.
- From the Connection tab, select Connect to a Microsoft Exchange using HTTP.
- Select Exchange Proxy Settings.
- You choose to connect to a fast network. Use HTTP first, then connect using TCP / IP.
- For proxy authentication settings, select Basic Authentication and select the OK option again.
- Choose a check name, type your email address and password, then select Next button.
- After Outlook sets up your account, you will see a message saying that your account is ready for use.
- And finally select ‘Finish’ button.
How to set up Windows 10 Mail app for Amazon Workmail?
If you already have the Mail app on Windows 10, you can add your account to it. See the guideline below for connecting your Amazon workmail account to your mail application.
- Step 1
In your Windows 10, open Mail and select the Accounts option.
- Step 2
To add an account, select Advanced Setup.
- Step 3
Select Exchange ActiveSync, and provide the information below:
– Email address: email address associated with your Amazon WorkMail account.
– Password: enter your password.
– User name: email address associated with your account.
– Domain: empty.
– Server: the endpoint matching the AWS Region in which your mailbox is located.
– Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection: enabled.
– Account name: your account name.
- Step 4
Choose ‘Sign in‘ button.
Set up macOS apps for Amazon workmail
If you use the macOS device, you can add your Amazon workmail account to use with MacOS apps like Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, and Notes. Follow these steps to connect your Amazon account to your macOS app:
- Open System Preferences on your device.
- And select Internet Accounts in it.
- Then select Microsoft Exchange.
- You fill in the following information:
– If I have macOS or use a later version – Enter your full name and email address, select Sign In, then Manually Configure or Select Sign In. Enter your password and select sign in.
– If using macOS High Sierra or earlier versions – Enter your full name, email address and password, then select Continue.
- The information you provided in step 4 is used to set up your email account automatically.
- After that, you can choose to use the macOS apps with Amazon Workmail yourself.
How to set up IMAP for Amazon Workmail?
You can connect any IMAP compatible software with Amazon Workmail by providing the following information.
- Type of account: IMAP
- Protocol: IMAPS
- Port: 993
- Secure connection: Required; SSL
- Incoming username: Email address associated with your Amazon WorkMail account
- Password: Your password
- Incoming server: The endpoint matching the AWS Region where your mailbox is located
- Protocol: SMTPS (SMTP, encrypted with TLS)
- Port: 465
- Secure connection: Required; SSL (STARTTLS not supported)
- Outgoing username: Email address associated with your account
- Password: Your password
- Outgoing server: The endpoint matching the AWS Region where your mailbox is located
Send an encrypted or signed email to Amazon workmail
With S/MIME, you can send signed or encrypted emails inside and outside your organization. After you configure S/MIME in the email client settings, all emails you send are automatically signed. Encryption options are based on different email clients and related platforms.
Configure S/MIME in Windows Outlook
- You need to get a certificate (.p12) file from your administrator or third-party certification officer and save it in a folder.
- Click the file with the right-click option and select Install PFX.
- Select the current user, next, select the .p12 file and then select Next.
- Enter your password and select Next button.
- Make sure the certificate store is automatically selected and then select Next.
- Select ‘Finish’ button.
- Fill out the following steps in Windows Outlook:
– Select File, Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, Email Security and Settings etc.
– In the Change Email Security dialog box, select the selected one and select the installed certificate.
– Select OK button, select one or all applicable options.
- If all email recipients have certificates in the Global Address List or Contacts, then all sent emails are automatically encrypted.
Configure S/MIME in iOS Mail
- You must receive a certificate (* .p12) file from your administrator or third-party certification officer by email.
- Open the email attachment and select Install.
- Enter your PIN and follow the instructions.
- Select Settings, Mail, Accounts, select your account, and then select Account, Advanced Settings.
- Enable S/MIME and select one or both options to sign or encrypt emails.
- When you type an email address into two fields, iOS loads a user certificate from the Global Address List or Contacts.
Configure S/MIME in Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Install Certificate on masOS.
- Obtain a certificate (* .p12) file from your administrator or third-party certification officer and save the file in a folder.
- Double-click the certificate file to open the keychain access and allow the certificate to be added to your keychain.
- In Outlook for Mac, select Tools, Accounts, select your account, and then select Advanced, Security.
- By default, to encrypt all outgoing messages, select Encrypt Outgoing Messages.
- To ensure that your signed message can be viewed by all recipients and mail applications, select Send digitally signed messages as clear text.
Amazon Workmail Export Emails to PC or Windows
Keeping your import data in a safe place is very important. So if you need to back up your account, read this guide. Learn how Amazon Workmail exports emails to a local drive or any other mail client.
This Amazon Workmail Backup Software works well on all Windows systems that meet or meet the following requirements:
- RAM: 4 GB
- Drive space: 100 MB
- Framework: micro .ft. Net or higher version
- Processor: 1 GHz processor
In addition, make sure that you enable MFA multi-factor authentication of the AWS account to run the account successfully in the utility. The following guide will show you how to export emails to Local Drive or any other mail client:
- Step 1
First run the AWS email backup tool and log in with an Amazon workmail account.
- Step 2
Choose your email format.
- Step 3
Browse your location to export Amazon workmail emails.
- Step 4
Click the Start button to begin the Amazon workmail export process.
- Step 5
You can find emails from AWS Workmail in your local system.
- Step 6
You can open them anywhere using the File Supported Email Client.
- Step 7
During the process, the utility maintains the folder structure of each email so that it is easier to manage email files from the result file.
Amazon WorkMail to Gmail – Export AWS Workmail Emails to Gmail
Looking for a way to migrate from workmail to Gmail? So you’ve come to the right place. You’ll be able to get the best deal out of exporting AWS workmail emails to your Gmail account right away. You can see in the solution guide given below.
- Step 1
Run the application and enter your AWS workmail login credentials.
- Step 2
Select the mailbox folders and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Step 3
Select Gmail from the Saving Options list.
- Step 4
Enter your Gmail login credentials and click the Convert button.
- Step 5
All done, it will now securely export all emails from Workmail to Gmail account.
Contact support and Email on Amazon workmail
If you have a problem or technical problem with Amazon Workmail, you can fix it. To reach a sales representative for Amazon Web Services, please click this link and fill out the form.
To contact AWS Support, do the following:
- Sign in to your AWS account.
- Open the AWS Support console, and then choose Create case.
- Select your option for Create case, and then enter the required information in the Case details section.
- Select your preference for Contact options.
- If you select Web, you can read and respond to the case in Support Center.
- And you select Chat, you can chat online with a representative from AWS Support.
- If you select Phone, you’re prompted for a callback number. You receive a call from AWS Support as soon as you create the case.
Choose Submit option.
If you can’t sign in to your AWS account because you forgot your sign-in credentials, click here.
For technical support, all AWS customers have access to the AWS Documentation, AWS Knowledge Center, AWS Whitepapers and Support Forum.
Amazon workmail pricing
Amazon Workmail has no explicit fees, but the required minimum commitments and no long-term contracts.
It costs $4.00 per user per month and includes 50 GB of mailbox storage for each user. If you want to get started you can start with a 30-day free trial for 25 users.
It is created after the first month of a month, the monthly fee for that mailbox will be charged on a pro rata basis from the first day of activation until the end of that month. If a user is terminated or deleted before the end of a month, the monthly fee for that user will still apply until the end of the month.
AWS gives you a paycheck for pricing for over 160 cloud services. Through AWS you only pay for the personal services you need, as long as you use them. You only pay for the services you use, and once you stop using them, there are no additional costs or termination fees.
- More Amazon workmail pricing offers available CLICK HERE
Also Read: Fasthosts webmail login help
Amazon workmail FAQ
Does Amazon WorkMail support accessibility capabilities?
Yes, you can use screen readers and keyboard shortcuts with the Amazon WorkMail web application for easier accessibility; you can learn more about these capabilities on the Working with Accessibility Features documentation page here. In addition, the accessibility capabilities offered in supported desktop and mobile clients (see below for a list) can also be used with Amazon WorkMail.
What is the mailbox storage limit in Amazon WorkMail?
Amazon WorkMail offers a mailbox storage limit of 50 GB per user.
What is the maximum size of email that I can send from Amazon WorkMail?
The maximum size of outgoing and incoming email in Amazon WorkMail is 25 MB.
Can I share my calendar with other users in my organization?
Yes. Amazon WorkMail offers the ability to share your calendar with your co-workers.
What clients can I use to access Amazon WorkMail?
You can access Amazon WorkMail from Microsoft Outlook clients on Windows and Mac OS X, and on mobile devices that support the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync protocol including iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Fire Phone, Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry 10. Additionally, you can use the Apple Mail application on Mac OS X or the Amazon WorkMail web application to securely access Amazon WorkMail using your web browser.
Does Amazon WorkMail provide resource booking?
Yes. Amazon WorkMail provides the option to create resource mailboxes such as conference rooms, projectors, and other equipment. The resource mailboxes will allow users to reserve the room or equipment by including the resource in meeting invites.
Does Amazon WorkMail support email archiving?
Email journaling can be enabled to capture and preserve messages in your existing archiving solution.